Subject: New InstallShield: GHCi 5.01 "Borag Thungg"
From: "Reuben Thomas" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:00:20 -0700

I've updated the test Windows InstallShield of GHCi 5.01 available from

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/5.00.2/ghc-5-01.exe

(There's no link to it on the web site)

In case you missed the previous announcement, this is a test release, but
seems fairly stable (I use it all the time). It has the following
features:

* GHCi: now you can use GHC interpretively under Windows. You can just run
  the InstallShield, and double-click on GHCi to get going.

* Complete install: everything you need to use GHC is included; Cygwin is
  no longer required; also, unlike recent 4.08.2 releases, it doesn't
  interfere with any Cygwin installation you may already have

Changes from the previous test release, "Zarjaz":

* Now installs in Program Files by default (supports paths containing
  spaces).

* Installs the profiling libraries and imports (the previous test release
  included them, but for mysterious reasons they weren't actually
  installed).

Also note that as one user found, the supplied gcc doesn't like
identifiers containing top-bit-set characters, so if you want to use them
you must use the native code generator.

_______________________________________________
Glasgow-haskell-users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/glasgow-haskell-users