Subject: Midland Graduate School 2004 / APPSEM Spring School 2004
From: Thorsten Altenkirch <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], James Smith <[email-masked]>, Lew Ludwig <[email-masked]>, Joan Krone <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:41:56 +0000

Midland Graduate School 2004 / APPSEM Spring School 2004
********************************************************
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~txa/mgs/

The Midland Graduate School - APPSEM Spring School is taking place 29 
March - 2 April 2004 in Nottingham at the Jubilee Campus  of Nottingham 
University. We especially invite participants from UK universities and 
from sites participating in the APPSEM working group.

We expect to have some grants for UK students, while APPSEM funds can be 
used to support students from APPSEM affiliated sites.

Foundational courses:

Thorsten Altenkirch  	U Nottingham  	Lambda calculus and types  	
Neil Ghani 		U Leicester 	Category Theory 	
Graham Hutton 		U Nottingham 	Functional Programming 	
Achim Jung 		U Birmingham 	Denotational Semantics 	

Advanced courses:

Sara Kalvala 		U Warwick 	Theorem Proving in Isabelle 	Martin Escardo 	 
U Birmingham 	Topology of data types
Alexander Kurz 		U Leicester 	Stone Duality - The Duality of 		 
           			Syntax and Semantics
Conor McBride 		U Durham 	Dependently Typed Programming 	Uday Reddy 		U 
Birmingham 	Programming logics for dynamic 	
   					data structures 	

For details and registration please visit our web page
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~txa/mgs/

Please register soon! Places and accomodation will be allocated on a 
first come, first serve basis.

-- 
Dr. Thorsten Altenkirch		   phone : (+44) (0)115 84 66516
Lecturer			   http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~txa/
School of Computer Science & IT	   University of Nottingham