Subject: Re: [xmonad] suprised: tiling is never used
From: Anton Erdman <[email-masked]>
To: Chengqi Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:35:15 +0300

If You found yourself never used tiled mode, maybe You should try manual
tiling window manager, like Stumpwm or Musca or Ion...

But I came to XMonad after years of using manual tiling wm and now i
enjoy the automatic tiling layout. Especially with LimitWindows
modifier...

Sometimes I would like to have a possibility to split a screen manually.
Maybe there is a layout, that i didn't find in the XMonad collection,
with such possibilities? (I tried DragPane, TwoPane, Combo... It's cool,
but not exactly what i mean...)

В Чтв, 08/10/2009 в 16:17 +0800, Chengqi Song пишет: 
> Hi all,
> 
> I've been using XMonad for a long time, about one year by now. But I've just
> found that I almost never used tiling layout. 
> 
> The windows in my xmonad are always either maximized or floating. Because
> resizing is sometimes destructive to programs like mc, moc and mutt.
> 
> I still enjoy XMonad, but just wonder anyone else never use tiling layout
> either?
> 
> lars
> _______________________________________________
> xmonad mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/xmonad