15.10.2015, 04:26, "Magnus Therning" <magnus@therning.org>: Magnus, Comment: while I haven't yet had success with it in installing the packages targeted (hopefully this will happen after this post), cblrepo looks like great work. Back to issue at hand, inline below.
1. clone <https://github.com/archhaskell/habs/> 2. install `cblrepo` from [haskell-core] 3. run `cblrepo sync` 4. move into the `habs` repo and run `cblrepo add <pkg,ver> ...` to add packages (one or many at once) 5. run `cblrepo pkgbuild <pkgs>` to generate source packages for the packages you added 6. build all packages, in order (you can use `cblrepo build` to generate a good build order) 7. install your new packages
In addition to Barry's earlier comments re. ghc-vis and graphviz, the fact that ghc-vis seems to require ghc 7.8.3 and the following, I had to switch to a different package than ghc-vis since I am getting the following while trying to add ghc-vis' dependencies: % cat error.log Failed to satisfy the following dependencies for base: ghc-prim >=0.3.1 && <0.4 integer-simple >=0.1.1 && <0.2 Adding base 4.7.0.2 would break: QuickCheck : base >=4.8 && <5 cblrepo : base ==4.8.* xmonad-contrib : base >=4.8 && <5 I don't know how to deal with using a different base, I guess sandbox might be the right way, not sure. So, at least for now, I switched to vacuum-opengl as an alternative to ghc-vis: For vacuum-opengl, done steps 1 through 5 above, stuck on step 6. Here is the PKGBUILD generated: <https://gist.github.com/stef204/5220e94b58a5204e3265#file-pkgbuild> Question 1) When I added the dependencies to cblrebo.db, I used the *exact* version as specified for the package on hackage, so I used: cblrepo add package_name,exact version -> all the digits, so versions generated for PKGBUILD look a bit weird (to me) like "haskell-glut=2.7.0.2_0-4. Is this correct? (The "release" is just called "04"?) Question 2) dependencies depends=("ghc=7.10.2-1" "haskell-glut=2.7.0.2_0-4" "haskell-opengl=2.13.0.0_0-4" "haskell-bitmap=0.0.2_0-1" "haskell-bitmap-opengl=0.0.1.5_0-1" "haskell-network=2.6.2.1_0-3" "haskell-stb-image=0.2.1_0-1" "haskell-vacuum=2.2.0.0_0-1") So, besides ghc-7.10.2-1, already installed obviously, haskell-glut and haskell-opengl both of which I found in the haskell-core repo, it seems I need to go through the same 1-7 steps for each missing individual packages haskell-{bitmap, bitmap-opengl, network, stb-image, vacuum} one at a time, correct?
I'd start with `stack unpack ghc-vis`, then `stack init --resolver ghc-7.8` and see where that leads.
here, I get a failure error message on stack build after having run stack setup. ghc.mk:901: recipe for target 'install_packages' failed make[1]: *** [install_packages] Error 127 Makefile:24: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 2