RE: In-tree invocation of GHC built with Hadrian
No, setting GHC_ENVIRONMNT to "-" doesn't change anything tmp$ GHC_ENVIRONMENT=- ~/code/HEAD/_build/stage0/bin/ghc -c Foo.hs Foo.hs:1:8: error: Bad interface file: /opt/ghc/8.6.4/lib/ghc-8.6.4/base-4.12.0.0/Prelude.hi mismatched interface file versions (wanted "80920190404", got "8064") | 1 | module Foo where | ^^^ | -----Original Message----- | From: Moritz Angermann <moritz.angermann@gmail.com> | Sent: 04 April 2019 12:47 | To: Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj@microsoft.com> | Subject: Re: In-tree invocation of GHC built with Hadrian | | Yes, that looks wrong indeed. It shouldn't pick up the ghc-8.6.4 library. | | After the recent env files discussion, maybe it's picking up some env | files? | It's just a wild guess though, I've never had ghc do that to me yet(!). | Does | | GHC_ENVIRONMENT=- ~/code/HEAD/_build/stage0/bin/ghc -c Foo.hs | | yield any better results? | | Cheers, | Moritz | > On Apr 4, 2019, at 7:21 PM, Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <ghc- | devs@haskell.org> wrote: | > | > How can I run the inplace binary built by Hadrian. I tried this | > | > ~/code/HEAD/_build/stage0/bin/ghc -c Foo.hs | > | > but I got this | > | > ~/code/HEAD/_build/stage0/bin/ghc -c Foo.hs | > | > Foo.hs:1:8: error: | > Bad interface file: /opt/ghc/8.6.4/lib/ghc-8.6.4/base- | 4.12.0.0/Prelude.hi | > mismatched interface file versions (wanted "80920190403", got | "8064") | > | | > 1 | module Foo where | > | ^^^ | > simonpj@MSRC-3645512:~/tmp$ | > | > Somehow the inplace binary built by Hadrian is looking for library files | in completely the wrong place. | > | > What should I do? | > | > Simon | > | > _______________________________________________ | > ghc-devs mailing list | > ghc-devs@haskell.org | > | https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.hask | ell.org%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fghc- | devs&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7C350a796ae8db4e3f8fc708d6 | b8f34549%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636899752311716865&a | mp;sdata=FCMavvoIcAGUQVO0ggOxNJwIKZw2EC%2BSbmhZFSacywg%3D&reserved=0
participants (1)
-
Simon Peyton Jones