Sebastian, As the shepherd you're expected to motivate your decision (typically with a summary of the proposal) to guide us toward a collective decision. For the record, in this case, the change is that all characters considered as `newline` by the report (\r, \n, and a couple others) from the file's text are replaced by a single `\n` in a multiline string. This isn't what the current implementation does, if I understand correctly. But GHC 9.12 isn't released, and I think that Brandon considers the current implementation to be a bug, because his motivation for the design is to match what `unline . line` does. I have absolutely no opinion on whether keeping \r\n or converting to \n is preferable. So I'm happy to defer to Sebastian. On Mon, 11 Nov 2024 at 17:31, Sebastian Graf <sgraf1337@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Committee,
I vote accept on this very small clarifying amendment.
Cheers, Sebastian
------ Originalnachricht ------ Von "Adam Gundry" <adam@well-typed.com> An ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org Datum 11.11.2024 09:11:43 Betreff [ghc-steering-committee] Please review #680: Clarify CRLF behavior in multiline strings (amendment to #569)
Dear Committee,
Brandon Chinn proposes to amend proposal #569, which introduced MultilineStrings, to clarify its treatment of \r\n vs \n:
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/680
Sebastian has volunteered to act as shepherd.
Please guide us to a conclusion as outlined in https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process
Cheers,
Adam
-- Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/
Registered in England & Wales, OC335890 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, England _______________________________________________ ghc-steering-committee mailing list ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org https://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-steering-committee
ghc-steering-committee mailing list ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org https://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-steering-committee
-- Arnaud Spiwack Director, Research at https://moduscreate.com and https://tweag.io.