#15916: GHC doesn't build on powerpc64 architecture on systems other than GNU / Linux -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: pkubaj | Owner: trommler Type: feature request | Status: patch Priority: normal | Milestone: 8.10.1 Component: Compiler | Version: 8.6.2 Resolution: | Keywords: Operating System: Unknown/Multiple | Architecture: powerpc64 Type of failure: Building GHC | Test Case: failed | Blocked By: 15411 | Blocking: Related Tickets: | Differential Rev(s): Wiki Page: | https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/81 -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Comment (by trommler): Replying to [comment:28 pkubaj]:
With this patch, I have the same result.
I can bootstrap on amd64 just fine, but when compiling natively on powerpc64, I get: {{{ echo "version, targetOS, targetARCH :: String" >> utils/ghc- pkg/dist/build/Version.hs echo "version = \"8.6.3\"" >> utils/ghc- pkg/dist/build/Version.hs echo "targetOS = \"freebsd\"" >> utils/ghc- pkg/dist/build/Version.hs echo "targetARCH = \"powerpc64\"" >> utils/ghc- pkg/dist/build/Version.hs "/wrkdirs/usr/ports/lang/ghc/work/ghc-8.6.3-boot/bin/ghc-8.6.3" -H32m -O -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -Wall \ -optc-O2 -optc-pipe -optc-Wall -optc-fno-stack-protector \ }}}
What are the steps to reproduce this? Without those it is really hard to help. -- Ticket URL: <http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/15916#comment:29> GHC <http://www.haskell.org/ghc/> The Glasgow Haskell Compiler