#8779: Exhaustiveness checks for pattern synonyms -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: nomeata | Owner: mpickering Type: feature request | Status: closed Priority: normal | Milestone: Component: Compiler (Type | Version: 7.8.1 checker) | Keywords: Resolution: fixed | PatternSynonyms Operating System: Unknown/Multiple | Architecture: | Unknown/Multiple Type of failure: None/Unknown | Test Case: Blocked By: | Blocking: Related Tickets: | Differential Rev(s): Phab:D2669 Wiki Page: | -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Comment (by Ben Gamari <ben@…>): In [changeset:"122c67763bd73144bc6f3a6d86f275e6d1e297f9/ghc" 122c6776/ghc]: {{{ #!CommitTicketReference repository="ghc" revision="122c67763bd73144bc6f3a6d86f275e6d1e297f9" Add COMPLETE pragmas for TypeRep and ErrorCall pattern synonyms When programming with the pattern synonyms for `TypeRep`, I noticed that I was receiving spurious non-exhaustive pattern-match warnings. This can be easily fixed by adding `COMPLETE` pragmas for them. Moreover, there's another pattern synonym in `base`: `ErrorCall`. In fact, in the original ticket for `COMPLETE` pragmas (#8779), someone requested that `ErrorCall` be given a `COMPLETE` pragma as well (https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8779#comment:21). I decided to do that as well while I was in town. Reviewers: bgamari, mpickering, austin, hvr Reviewed By: bgamari Subscribers: rwbarton, thomie Differential Revision: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D3231 }}} -- Ticket URL: <http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8779#comment:58> GHC <http://www.haskell.org/ghc/> The Glasgow Haskell Compiler