Hi Patrick, After taking your advice the other day, this is where I got to as well. I am having almost exactly the same problem. If I had to guess I would say that wxcore2.a isn't linked with or can't see a library or object file containing wxcWakeUpIdle. What lib and where it's _supposed_ to be I'm not sure. Here's what I get on winXP when I issue ghci -package wx ... C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Lasslett>ghci -package wx ___ ___ _ / _ \ /\ /\/ __(_) / /_\// /_/ / / | | GHC Interactive, version 6.4, for Haskell 98. / /_\\/ __ / /___| | http://www.haskell.org/ghc/ \____/\/ /_/\____/|_| Type :? for help. Loading package base-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package haskell98-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package mtl-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package lang-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package QuickCheck-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package util-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package data-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package concurrent-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package wxcore-0.9 ... linking ... ghc.exe: C:/cygwin/usr/local/lib/wxcore2.o: unknown symbol `_wxcWakeUpIdle' ghc.exe: unable to load package `wxcore-0.9' C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Lasslett> To the list, any help sorting this out would be appreciated. Cheers, Jeff On Apr 2, 2005 7:37 AM, Patrick Scheibe <mai99dnn@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
Hi,
I compiled successful the wxHaskell lib. But when I want to start ghci -package wx following error occurs:
Loading package concurrent-1.0 ... linking ... done. Loading package wxcore-0.9 ... linking ... ghc-6.4.20050320: /home/izbifs/scheibe/built/lib/wxcore2.o: unknown symbol `wxcWakeUpIdle' *** Deleting temp files Deleting: ghc-6.4.20050320: unable to load package `wxcore-0.9'
I have a running wxHaskell home. Same configuration... wxGtk version, wxhaskell version, same config options except of the prefix. In university it is installed local but I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
How can I figure out what's wrong? Can find out where and why the function `wxcWakeUpIdle' is available home and where are the differences?
Has anybody a good hint where to start or what to check?
Any help is welcome Cheers Patrick
PS: Additional informations..
i386 GNU/Linux Fedora gtk+-1.2.10-33 gtk+-devel-1.2.10-33 wxGTK-2.4.2 wxHaskell 0.9 ghc version 6.4.20050320 _______________________________________________ Glasgow-haskell-users mailing list Glasgow-haskell-users@haskell.org http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/glasgow-haskell-users