Re: http://www.cse.ogi.edu/PacSoft/projects/Hugs/pages/downloading.htm
On Monday, December 11, 2000, at 08:22 AM, dkcombs@panix.com wrote:
QUESTION: what about SOLARIS (7)?
It says NOTHING about unix *other than* LINUX.
Also, what GRAPHICS are available? The book I have is Hudak's, ie all via graphics examples, code, etc.
I did get the Haskell Graphics Library to work on my Solaris system (Solaris 7). It just assumes that if you have such a system, you know how to tweak their Makefile to make it build you a dynamically loadable library. So it took me a bit of studying of some man pages and stuff, but here's what worked for me (I'm using gcc on Solaris; I don't have a copy of the Sun C compiler so I can't tell ya how to get that to work). The only changes I had to make were in the x11/Makefile: diff -c -r HGL_graphics_orig/graphics-2.0.3/lib/x11/Makefile graphics-2.0.3/lib/x11/Makefile *** HGL_graphics_orig/graphics-2.0.3/lib/x11/Makefile Sun Jun 25 23:50:30 2000 --- graphics-2.0.3/lib/x11/Makefile Thu Nov 9 18:05:16 2000 *************** *** 27,33 **** # Configuration (needs to be customised) ################################################################ ! XDIR = /usr/X11R6 # Either use the next line (if you have a GreenCard binary installed) #GC = greencard --- 27,33 ---- # Configuration (needs to be customised) ################################################################ ! XDIR = /usr/openwin # Either use the next line (if you have a GreenCard binary installed) #GC = greencard *************** *** 36,43 **** GCDIR = $(HOME)/local/greencard-2.0 GC = $(RUNHUGS) -c100 -h2m $(GCDIR)/src/GreenCard.lhs ! CC = cc LDFLAGS += -shared -nostdlib ################################################################ # Files (should not need to be customised) --- 36,47 ---- GCDIR = $(HOME)/local/greencard-2.0 GC = $(RUNHUGS) -c100 -h2m $(GCDIR)/src/GreenCard.lhs ! CC = gcc -v -mimpure-text ! ! # Without -mimpure-text, these LDFLAGS lead to a bunch of "Text relocation remains" ! # error messages which stop the link. LDFLAGS += -shared -nostdlib + # ################################################################ # Files (should not need to be customised) *************** *** 77,82 **** --- 81,87 ---- %.o : %.c $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $< -c %.so : %.o + echo LDFLAGS are '<'$(LDFLAGS)'>' $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBS) -o $@ $< ################################################################
Also, please tell me HOW to sign up for the mailing list.
See http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/hugs-users. However, they tell me that hugs-bugs is a more appropriate place for platform-specific questions. See http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/hugs-bugs Hope this helps, -- Doug
participants (1)
-
Doug Landauer