I take it that by not including the com library in the december release of hugs there is a tacit acknowledgement that it dosn't work with it ? I was trying to get HaskellDB to work with the Feb01 release of hugs then the dec01 release. In either case I could not get it to work with the com library released with Feb01 release. I also tried the com library released with HaskellDirect - together with hugs Feb01, hugs Dec01 - still no luck - error was memory reference error Digging back into the past, the activeX library released with HaskellScript (a long time ago) together with either Hugs Feb01 or Hugs Dec01 worked. tried hugs Nov 99 with com library from Haskell direct - worked tried hugs Nov 99 with com library from Hugs Feb01 - worked Test ---- The test that was run was to load the HaskellDB sample and run test showNames names Conclusion ---------- It appears there is a problem in the interaction of Hugs Dec 01 and the com library - this problem seems to have been introduced with hugs Feb01 _________________________________________________________________ Join the worlds largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. http://www.hotmail.com
"Michael Vorin" <m_vorin@hotmail.com> writes:
I take it that by not including the com library in the december release of hugs there is a tacit acknowledgement that it dosn't work with it ?
No, not really. I didn't include the HDirect library this time around as I wouldn't want to impose 'my' library on all Hugs users, but keep the two separate. However, if you want to use the HDirect library with Hugs Dec 2001, pls download the HDirect library win32 installer for hugs98 from http://www.galois.com/~sof/HDirectLib.msi You also mention HaskellDB - an updated & improved pre-release of HaskellDB can also be found via my web space, http://www.galois.com/~sof/HaskellDB.msi which is compatible with the current Hugs release & the HDirect library. (the installer also includes a copy of Erik Meijer's CGI Library that's compatible with Hugs98 - hopefully I'm not stepping too hard on either authors' feet by releasing these bits..) Bug reports/feedback most welcome. hth --sigbjorn
Hi Sigbjorn, It's great that you revived that stuff! Erik ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sigbjorn Finne" <sof@galois.com> To: "Michael Vorin" <m_vorin@hotmail.com> Cc: <hugs-bugs@haskell.org>; <daan@cs.uu.nl>; "Erik Meijer" <erik@meijcrosoft.com> Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 1:09 PM Subject: Re: com library
"Michael Vorin" <m_vorin@hotmail.com> writes:
I take it that by not including the com library in the december release
of
hugs there is a tacit acknowledgement that it dosn't work with it ?
No, not really. I didn't include the HDirect library this time around as I wouldn't want to impose 'my' library on all Hugs users, but keep the two separate.
However, if you want to use the HDirect library with Hugs Dec 2001, pls download the HDirect library win32 installer for hugs98 from
http://www.galois.com/~sof/HDirectLib.msi
You also mention HaskellDB - an updated & improved pre-release of HaskellDB can also be found via my web space,
http://www.galois.com/~sof/HaskellDB.msi
which is compatible with the current Hugs release & the HDirect library. (the installer also includes a copy of Erik Meijer's CGI Library that's compatible with Hugs98 - hopefully I'm not stepping too hard on either authors' feet by releasing these bits..)
Bug reports/feedback most welcome.
hth --sigbjorn
participants (3)
-
Erik Meijer -
Michael Vorin -
Sigbjorn Finne