Hi: I think you may want to use a hash table. Are you looking for algorithm improvement and/or coding improvement? On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Bryce Verdier <bryceverdier@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all, I'm new to haskell, and I'm trying to get better with it. Recently I completed one of the challenges from Programming Praxis and I was wondering if people would be willing to spend some time and tell me how I could improve my code. Thanks in advance, Bryce Here is a link to the programming praxis: http://programmingpraxis.com/2011/07/19/sum-of-two-integers/ And here is my code: import Data.List import Data.Maybe sumCheck :: Int -> [Int] -> [Int] -> Maybe (Int, Int) sumCheck _ [] _ = Nothing sumCheck total (x:xs) ys = if total' == Nothing then sumCheck total xs ys else return (x, (ys !! ( fromJust total'))) where total' = (total - x) `elemIndex` ys
_______________________________________________ Beginners mailing list Beginners@haskell.org http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/beginners
-- -- Regards, KC