Dear sirs:I am defining a function halve, that breaks a list in two halfs. But I always get an error. Below is my code. What am I doing wrong?Thanks!halve xs = [take (floor (longitud/2)), drop (floor (longitud/2))] where longitud = length xs From: "beginners-request@haskell.org" <beginners-request@haskell.org> To: beginners@haskell.org Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2015 8:21 PM Subject: Beginners Digest, Vol 89, Issue 38 Send Beginners mailing list submissions to beginners@haskell.org To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/beginners or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to beginners-request@haskell.org You can reach the person managing the list at beginners-owner@haskell.org When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of Beginners digest..." Today's Topics: 1. Re: Warning: Tab Character (Dan Stromberg) 2. Re: Warning: Tab Character (Jeon-Young Kang) 3. Re: Warning: Tab Character (Thomas Jakway) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message: 1 Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 16:44:21 -0800 From: Dan Stromberg <strombrg@gmail.com> To: The Haskell-Beginners Mailing List - Discussion of primarily beginner-level topics related to Haskell <beginners@haskell.org> Subject: Re: [Haskell-beginners] Warning: Tab Character Message-ID: <CAOvKW55oxCcEhtqppC0bXQZjOEEv5vcYnBTWHaj9C5vhhm7g+w@mail.gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" I believe the first version of make required tabs, but some subsequent versions have relaxed that requirement to make things easier. Here's an example on a Linux Mint system (the 20's are of course spaces) : $ od -cx < Makefile cmd output started 2015 Sat Nov 21 04:39:47 PM PST 0000000 \n g o : \n . / t \n \n 670a 3a6f 200a 2020 2e20 742f 0a0a 0000016 above cmd output done 2015 Sat Nov 21 04:39:47 PM PST dstromberg@dell-inspiron:/var/tmp/make-tabs i686-pc-linux-gnu 25234 $ make cmd output started 2015 Sat Nov 21 04:39:48 PM PST Makefile:3: *** missing separator. Stop. above cmd output done 2015 Sat Nov 21 04:39:48 PM PST dstromberg@dell-inspiron:/var/tmp/make-tabs i686-pc-linux-gnu 25234 $ make --version cmd output started 2015 Sat Nov 21 04:39:53 PM PST GNU Make 3.81 Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This program built for i686-pc-linux-gnu above cmd output done 2015 Sat Nov 21 04:39:53 PM PST dstromberg@dell-inspiron:/var/tmp/make-tabs i686-pc-linux-gnu 25234 I'll add that vim's Makefile syntax highlighting puts the space-indented line in red, suggesting an error. Changing the spaces to a single tab makes the red go away. HTH On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Thomas Jakway <tjakway@nyu.edu> wrote:
Why would make require tabs...? Admittedly it's been a long time since I've written any makefiles by hand but I always use spaces instead of tabs and have never had any problems.
On Nov 21, 2015 6:01 PM, David Moberg <kaddkaka@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you found "soft tabs"? That option will make TextMate use spaces
instead of tab characters. Read 4.11 "Using Spaces Instead of Tabs" in Dan Strombergs link for instrucitons.
2015-11-21 21:36 GMT+01:00 Jeon-Young Kang <jykang22@gmail.com>:
I've tried to choose "instead of spaces". But there is no option of
mine (Textmate 2 beta).
On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Dan Stromberg <strombrg@gmail.com>
wrote:
Perhaps enable soft tabs? https://manual.macromates.com/en/working_with_text
This is an issue in Python too (at least from PEP8's perspective) -
but note that many "make" programs require tabs instead of spaces.
On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Jeon-Young Kang <jykang22@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hello everyone.
I am a newbie of Haskell, using Textmate on mac.
I got the following warning. How can I fix it?
Warning:
Tab character
Ok, modules loaded: Main.
Sincerely, Young
_______________________________________________ Beginners mailing list Beginners@haskell.org http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/beginners
-- Dan Stromberg
_______________________________________________ Beginners mailing list Beginners@haskell.org http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/beginners
-- Department of Geography State University of New York at Buffalo
jykang22@gmail.com
Jeon-Young Kang
_______________________________________________ Beginners mailing list Beginners@haskell.org http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/beginners
_______________________________________________ Beginners mailing list Beginners@haskell.org http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/beginners
-- Dan Stromberg