Aye. Tidies this up, and I see no downside. Simon From: ghc-steering-committee <ghc-steering-committee-bounces@haskell.org> On Behalf Of Alejandro Serrano Mena Sent: 01 October 2020 11:02 To: Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de> Cc: ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org Subject: [ghc-steering-committee] #364: Unify Nat and Natural, recommendation: accept Dear all, I recommend that we accept this proposal. The only problematic (read, not backwards-compatible) bit is the case of a type class having instances for both `Nat` and `Natural`, but that seems very unlikely. Something which I thought about was whether any of `Nat` or `Natural` were implementing something akin to Peano naturals (so we could have inductive instances working on Zero and (Succ n)), both none of both do, so the alignment seems correct to me. Regards, Alejandro El vie., 25 sept. 2020 a las 16:06, Joachim Breitner (<mail@joachim-breitner.de<mailto:mail@joachim-breitner.de>>) escribió: Dear Committee, this is your secretary speaking: Unify Nat and Natural has been proposed by Richard https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/364<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fghc-proposals%2Fghc-proposals%2Fpull%2F364&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccf838f8219a74bf4c26608d865f11f20%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637371434494036876&sdata=JSTuh5g4KrmxgwJRsQ9m8QXa0TnGxGVr%2FZUrbK7a%2FLA%3D&reserved=0> https://github.com/goldfirere/ghc-proposals/blob/natural/proposals/0000-unify-natural.rst<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fgoldfirere%2Fghc-proposals%2Fblob%2Fnatural%2Fproposals%2F0000-unify-natural.rst&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccf838f8219a74bf4c26608d865f11f20%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637371434494036876&sdata=KYno%2B%2FA4WGYaDt5oV5VxCH7vWDn2QAU%2FSUjyR%2FZ6Yao%3D&reserved=0> I’ll propose Alejandro as the shepherd. Please guide us to a conclusion as outlined in https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fghc-proposals%2Fghc-proposals%23committee-process&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccf838f8219a74bf4c26608d865f11f20%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637371434494036876&sdata=%2F%2BKk8v8%2Fe6W15doiLm0Z2FM0BaL0KVtUlwZZlzws9sM%3D&reserved=0> Thanks, Joachim -- Joachim Breitner mail@joachim-breitner.de<mailto:mail@joachim-breitner.de> http://www.joachim-breitner.de/<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joachim-breitner.de%2F&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccf838f8219a74bf4c26608d865f11f20%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637371434494046841&sdata=JejYCscHAtZenQNNO0vru0WP%2BCPIPEo3%2Bj%2Fq76wJKMI%3D&reserved=0> _______________________________________________ ghc-steering-committee mailing list ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org<mailto:ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org> https://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-steering-committee<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.haskell.org%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fghc-steering-committee&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccf838f8219a74bf4c26608d865f11f20%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637371434494046841&sdata=KMmToVSXLW9cGxucsfLoELO8Eda6YakAKtZDk%2BAnSzU%3D&reserved=0>