So I’m still confused. “We went back to GIthub”… does that mean that we invited the author to revise and resubmit? I don’t know what else “back to github” means. If it’s in committee-decision status, then our process says should either accept, reject, or push back to the author for revision, in a timely way (guided by the shepherd) Simon From: Alejandro Serrano Mena <trupill@gmail.com> Sent: 28 July 2020 10:22 To: Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj@microsoft.com> Cc: ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org Subject: Re: [ghc-steering-committee] Please review #319: NoFallibleDo proposal, Shepherd: Eric Seidel Eric was initially in charge, but I took over his duties. He thought that a bit more discussion was needed, something I agree with, so we went back to GitHub. Sorry about the stale status, I feel that my back-and-forth was not very clear. Alejandro El mar., 28 jul. 2020 a las 11:17, Simon Peyton Jones (<simonpj@microsoft.com<mailto:simonpj@microsoft.com>>) escribió: Alejandro, this one hasn’t been on my radar. Are you the shepherd? Have you made a recommendation? Is the proposal in its final form -- ie having absorbed all discussion etc? Simon From: ghc-steering-committee <ghc-steering-committee-bounces@haskell.org<mailto:ghc-steering-committee-bounces@haskell.org>> On Behalf Of Alejandro Serrano Mena Sent: 28 July 2020 09:22 To: Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de<mailto:mail@joachim-breitner.de>> Cc: ghc-steering-committee <ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org<mailto:ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org>> Subject: Re: [ghc-steering-committee] Please review #319: NoFallibleDo proposal, Shepherd: Eric Seidel Dear Committee, I would like to kindly ask for your input in the NoFallibleDo proposal -> https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/319<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fghc-proposals%2Fghc-proposals%2Fpull%2F319&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7C5b2c08cee5734215cbe708d832d7a993%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637315249124588682&sdata=2l1wYxmnm3qB77ePDiZzvuKI8UQABr9JNy0l8lygGPE%3D&reserved=0> This was submitted, then there was some discussion, but the conversation has stalled. Regards, Alejandro El jue., 14 may. 2020 a las 17:30, Alejandro Serrano Mena (<trupill@gmail.com<mailto:trupill@gmail.com>>) escribió: @Eric congratulations! enjoy! :) @Joachim I can take care of this, I think the direction Eric was pushing this is a good one. El jue., 14 may. 2020 a las 12:16, Joachim Breitner (<mail@joachim-breitner.de<mailto:mail@joachim-breitner.de>>) escribió: Hi, Am Mittwoch, den 13.05.2020, 15:19 -0500 schrieb Eric Seidel:
My wife and I just checked into the hospital to have our second child
Congrats, and all the best!
, so I’m going to be short on time for committee duties for a few weeks. I think it would be best to reassign this proposal so we don’t keep the authors waiting.
Any volunteers? Cheers, Joachim -- Joachim Breitner mail@joachim-breitner.de<mailto:mail@joachim-breitner.de> http://www.joachim-breitner.de/<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joachim-breitner.de%2F&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7C5b2c08cee5734215cbe708d832d7a993%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637315249124598638&sdata=YI3cPGedd1adfgequqeNtWJwUupFzkpWp6FfGKj1FZ8%3D&reserved=0> _______________________________________________ ghc-steering-committee mailing list ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org<mailto:ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org> https://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-steering-committee<https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.haskell.org%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fghc-steering-committee&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7C5b2c08cee5734215cbe708d832d7a993%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C637315249124598638&sdata=9BGzF3bs%2FVir0CqcGb101VxOFh%2FhlXMr1KID6GZJELE%3D&reserved=0>