I'd be fine with that, if Roman feels he has enough time to contribute pro-actively. (Hi Roman!) You are quite right to raise this Atze; it's not good having members who are, in practice, unable to contribute. One just ends up with guilt all round :-). So, thank you! Simon | -----Original Message----- | From: ghc-steering-committee [mailto:ghc-steering-committee- | bounces@haskell.org] On Behalf Of Atze Dijkstra | Sent: 03 February 2017 11:00 | To: ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org | Cc: Donald Stewart <donald.stewart@sc.com>; rleshchinskiy@gmail.com | Subject: [ghc-steering-committee] GHC steering committee participation | | Dear committee members, | | as you may have noticed I have not actively participated in proposal | reviewing. I can wrap this in a long or short story, but at the core lies | lack of time combined with my role at Standard Chartered (SC) evolving in a | direction less involved with GHC and Haskell language design/implementation | than I originally thought it might be. Privately, outside of SC, I also see | little time and energy left for committee activities. The work on proposals | seems to have started actively and vigorously and I'd rather not be this | silent non-contributing participant. I feel it is important to have somebody | from what can likely be called the largest Haskell based industrial | development group be in contact with and contribute to what by definition is | an important tool for us. After some consultation with colleagues I found | Roman Leshchinskiy (rleshchinskiy@gmail.com) to be willing to replace me in | the committee. For most of the committee members I guess he is already known | from the FP community so I leave further introduction up to himself. Within | SC Roman is responsible for GHC related supporting infrastructure and as | such is more than I am involved in and confronted with GHC intricacies, | which places him at a better position to contribute to the GHC steering | committee from an industrial perspective. I am aware that stepping down | might cause inconvenience, but also feel that this better can be done now | than later when the committee is already on farther on its way in dealing | with proposals. I am also aware that it is not really up to me to decide | what to do next after me stepping down, but I feel the proposed replacement | by Roman is the best option from my perspective. | | all the best, | Atze | | | _______________________________________________ | ghc-steering-committee mailing list | ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org | https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.haskel | l.org%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fghc-steering- | committee&data=02%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Cc3d7e811a8c6496eb0d808d44 | c23c313%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636217163861446855&sdat | a=eeW9ValuhSlOb5O9u1Wv76%2FGPNefIHMiyXhs6vl5l98%3D&reserved=0