| If no discussion arises, I’ll formally submit this soon. Sounds fine to me. Thank Joachim. Simon | -----Original Message----- | From: ghc-steering-committee <ghc-steering-committee- | bounces@haskell.org> On Behalf Of Joachim Breitner | Sent: 26 October 2020 15:37 | To: ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org | Subject: Re: [ghc-steering-committee] GHC 2020 | | Hi, | | Am Montag, den 19.10.2020, 15:40 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner: | > Hi, | > | > > The reason I'm willing is because I believe that the community | really | > > wants it -- but I'd love to have evidence for that belief. This | > > discussion is taking place on the GHC committee mailing list to | which | > > the community more broadly can't easily contribute. I'd love to | ask | > > them more explicitly, or even take a poll. | > | > Well, let’s see :-) | > | https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww. | reddit.com%2Fr%2Fhaskell%2Fcomments%2Fje1t82%2Fdoes_the_idea_of_xghc20 | 21_excite_you%2F&data=04%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccae6b47b | af714d1a496808d879c50d45%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C | 637393234538994698%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjo | iV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=VWt1s7T8wi3mB | mGLrOASPgOcQUhu003uPI9Juet0aTc%3D&reserved=0 | | a week later, we have | | 862 votes | 655 76.0% 🤩 Oh yes yes, please! I’m so eager to use that! | 127 14.7% 🙂 Sounds good I guess? I won’t use it myself, but still a | good idea. | 65 7.5% 🤷 Shrug, I woudn’t care. | 15 1.7% 🤮 Please no, this is a horrible idea! | | I think that counts as a community mandate. | | | Do any of you want to weigh in more on the formulation of criteria and | process at | https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgith | ub.com%2Fghc-proposals%2Fghc- | proposals%2Fpull%2F372&data=04%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Cca | e6b47baf714d1a496808d879c50d45%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1% | 7C0%7C637393234538994698%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiL | CJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=SvTGu1w | l%2BC8OiwXEq0YrSZM8hjTxCq79obE%2FN73mBSo%3D&reserved=0? | | Note in particular this line – that was the idea, wasn't it? | | When ghc is used without an explicit language choice, the latest | GHC20xx known to GHC is used. This applies in particular to uses of | ghci. | | | If no discussion arises, I’ll formally submit this soon. Is the usual | “looks like nobody complains so we have consensus” enough, or do we | want a proper vote on this? Note that this doesn't really set anything | in stone, and we can fine-tune the process as we go. | | Cheers, | Joachim | | -- | Joachim Breitner | mail@joachim-breitner.de | | https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.j | oachim- | breitner.de%2F&data=04%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccae6b47baf | 714d1a496808d879c50d45%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C63 | 7393234538994698%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV | 2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=BPpXK%2F0rHIbhj | t0xta2Ptjoc9t6fGWHhoopy0qQxqPU%3D&reserved=0 | | | _______________________________________________ | ghc-steering-committee mailing list | ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org | https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail | .haskell.org%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fghc-steering- | committee&data=04%7C01%7Csimonpj%40microsoft.com%7Ccae6b47baf714d1 | a496808d879c50d45%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C6373932 | 34539004692%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMz | IiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=VOBV5UDa1qqQN%2BtZgj | ZfnsfO%2FLX42ij1AW09DpCqs0o%3D&reserved=0