Dear steering committee I'm the shepherd for the RecordDotSyntax proposal. https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/282 I recommend acceptance: https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/282#issuecomment-5634776... Please reads the proposal, and as much of the discussion as you feel able, and respond in the next week or two to indicate your views. Remember: ask technical questions on the Github discussion thread, and use this mailing list for more evaluative discussion of judgement or opinion. I'd love every member of the committee to express a view. This proposal has attracted a lot of interest. Thanks Simon | -----Original Message----- | From: ghc-steering-committee <ghc-steering-committee-bounces@haskell.org> | On Behalf Of Joachim Breitner | Sent: 28 November 2019 10:11 | To: ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org | Subject: [EXTERNAL] [ghc-steering-committee] Please review #282: | RecordDotSyntax, Shepherd: Simon PJ | | Dear Committee, | | this is your secretary speaking: | | RecordDotSyntax language extension proposal has been proposed by Neil | Mitchell and Shayne Fletcher | https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/282 | https://github.com/shayne-fletcher-da/ghc-proposals/blob/record-dot- | syntax/proposals/0000-record-dot-syntax.md | | This is going to be a tricky one. It is partly about whitespace, so it | has attracted a _lot_ of community interest, by far the most so far. To | navigate that ship, I propose Simon PJ as the shepherd, because he is a | excellent moderator and community manager, and because he has the | necessary authority to hopefully get a verdict accepted. | | Please reach consensus as described in | https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process | I suggest you make a recommendation, in a new e-mail thread with the | proposal number in the subject, about the decision, maybe point out | debatable points, and assume that anyone who stays quiet agrees with you. | | Thanks, | Joachim | -- | Joachim Breitner | mail@joachim-breitner.de | http://www.joachim-breitner.de/ | | _______________________________________________ | ghc-steering-committee mailing list | ghc-steering-committee@haskell.org | https://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ghc-steering-committee