#10533: Assertion failure on FD3 test in TcErrors -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: goldfire | Owner: Type: bug | Status: closed Priority: normal | Milestone: Component: Compiler (Type | Version: 7.11 checker) | Keywords: Resolution: fixed | Architecture: Operating System: Unknown/Multiple | Unknown/Multiple Type of failure: None/Unknown | Test Case: Blocked By: | Blocking: Related Tickets: | Differential Revisions: -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Changes (by simonpj): * status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed Comment: I looked at this and fixed it, but failed to make a separate patch. I think it is somewhere in {{{ commit 02bac0254182def11029e2f7373ba8d2ba9ebe44 Author: Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj@microsoft.com> Date: Thu Jun 18 14:12:54 2015 +0100 Remove some horrible munging of origins for Coercible I just didn't think it was buying enough for all the cruft it caused. We can put some back if people start complaining about poor error messages. I forget quite how I tripped over this but I got sucked in. * Lots of tidying up in TcErrors * Rename pprArisingAt to pprCtLoc, by analogy with pprCtOrigin * Remove CoercibleOrigin data constructor from CtOrigin * Make relevantBindings return a Ct with a zonked and tidied CtOrigin * Add to TcRnTypes ctOrigin :: Ct -> CtOrigin ctEvOrigin :: CtEvidence -> CtOrigin setCtLoc :: Ct -> CtLoc -> Ct }}} But in any case it doesn't matter much. No need to merge etc. -- Ticket URL: <http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10533#comment:8> GHC <http://www.haskell.org/ghc/> The Glasgow Haskell Compiler