#10482: Not enough unboxing happens on data-family function argument -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: akio | Owner: Type: bug | Status: new Priority: normal | Milestone: Component: Compiler | Version: 7.10.1 Resolution: | Keywords: Operating System: Unknown/Multiple | Architecture: Type of failure: Runtime | Unknown/Multiple performance bug | Test Case: Blocked By: | Blocking: Related Tickets: | Differential Revisions: -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Comment (by Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj@…>): In [changeset:"0696fc6d4de28cb589f6c751b8491911a5baf774/ghc"]: {{{ #!CommitTicketReference repository="ghc" revision="0696fc6d4de28cb589f6c751b8491911a5baf774" Improve CPR behavior for strict constructors When working on Trac #10482 I noticed that we could give constructor arguments the CPR property if they are use strictly. This is documented carefully in Note [CPR in a product case alternative] and also Note [Initial CPR for strict binders] There are a bunch of intersting examples in Note [CPR examples] which I have added to the test suite as T10482a. I also added a test for #10482 itself. }}} -- Ticket URL: <http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/10482#comment:3> GHC <http://www.haskell.org/ghc/> The Glasgow Haskell Compiler