#9673: aarch64 7.8.4, 7.10, 7.11: lib/ghc/bin/ghc-pkg --version does not output from subprocess -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: juhpetersen | Owner: Type: bug | Status: new Priority: high | Milestone: Component: Compiler | Version: 7.11 Resolution: | Keywords: Operating System: Linux | Architecture: aarch64 Type of failure: Installing GHC | Test Case: failed | Blocking: Blocked By: | Differential Revisions: Related Tickets: | -------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Comment (by juhpetersen): Replying to [comment:15 rwbarton]: Thanks for the analysis and comments.
On Linux x86_64 I see these references to the stdout Handle in ghc-pkg: : What is the corresponding output on your ARM system?
For the static 7.8.4 build (ie with DYNAMIC_GHC_PROGRAMS=NO) I get: {{{ $ objdump -DR /usr/lib64/ghc-7.8.4/bin/ghc-pkg | grep stdout 00000000013290b0 <stdout>: 13290b0: R_AARCH64_COPY stdout }}} Whereas the dynamic builds for 7.8.4 and 7.10.1 give: {{{ $ objdump -DR /home/petersen/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/ghc-7.8.4-42.2.fc22.aarch64/usr/lib64/ghc-7.8.4/bin /ghc-pkg | grep stdout 470af8: R_AARCH64_GLOB_DAT base_GHCziIOziHandleziFD_stdout_closure 000000000048b908 <base_GHCziIOziHandleziFD_stdout_closure>: 48b908: R_AARCH64_COPY base_GHCziIOziHandleziFD_stdout_closure }}} I think this 7.8.4 build was with ld.gold but it didn't seem to help. It would be good if someone else could also confirm that. If it should help I can regenerate the diffs with real addresses. -- Ticket URL: <http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/9673#comment:22> GHC <http://www.haskell.org/ghc/> The Glasgow Haskell Compiler