From: John Peterson <peterson-john@cs.yale.edu> To: haskell-cafe@haskell.org Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Functional Reactive Programming Functional Reactive Programming is alive but in need of some new students to push the effort a bit. A lot of us have taken teaching or industrial positions so the old FRP team is a bit depleted. I don't think anyone is working on Yampa directly at the moment. Although it's stable and working well it lacks a critical mass of nice libraries to make it attractive. I'm still plugging on a wxHaskell port to Yampa (the wxFruit stuff). I've made some semantic changes to Yampa so I probably shouldn't say it's real Yampa but pretty close. I should have something to release later this fall. Aside from that, we have a student working in the hybrid modeling area. That's good stuff but not likely to produce software of interest to Joe Haskell. Another student is keeping the robotics side of things alive but it's in the context of a very specialized robotic hardware environment. So there you go! John