No, lisp doesn't have currying, but of course I knew that Haskell does. I think my thought processes went something like this: I want to partially apply "<", but < is an infix operator in Haskell, so first I have to convert it to the function (<) written with prefix notation and then partially apply it. That led me to ((<) 0), and then I mistyped (< 0), probably since in lisp < is already a function written with prefix notation. I guess to someone not coming from lisp, (< 0) means "less than zero" and not "the function < with 0 passed as its first argument". I guess I'm just unlucky enough to get confused by something that other people find straightforward. (-: On 09 Sep 2006 11:17:52 +0100, Jón Fairbairn <jon.fairbairn@cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
Right about the start of the design of Haskell, I proposed the rule "parentheses should only be used for grouping".
I think I would have liked that rule. Are parentheses currently used for anything else besides grouping and sections? Mike