Thanks for the quick response, that did it! I feel dumb now, I guess the error message tripped me up Cheers ________________________________ From: michael.snoyman@gmail.com <michael.snoyman@gmail.com> on behalf of Michael Snoyman <michael@snoyman.com> Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 7:08 AM To: Juan Luis Martty Cc: haskell-cafe@haskell.org Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Problem using external package from git with stack It's because you're an American. Replace binary-serialize-cbor with binary-serialise-cbor in your cabal file :) On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Juan Luis Martty <jmartty@hotmail.com<mailto:jmartty@hotmail.com>> wrote: Hello, I am trying to use binary-serialise-cbor in my project. Since it's not on hackage I followed the docs and added the following to stack.yaml: packages: - '.' - location: git: https://github.com/well-typed/binary-serialise-cbor.git commit: 1e11ea5cc7810d241b2fe1bca0ed435baa4d4371 extra-dep: true flags: binary-serialise-cbor: newtime15: true And in my .cabal file I have: build-depends: base >= 4.7 && < 5, network-simple, time, binary-serialize-cbor, bytestring When I do stack build the package is downloaded and built but then I get the following error: Error: While constructing the build plan, the following exceptions were encountered: In the dependencies for hcopia-0.1.0.0: binary-serialize-cbor must match -any, but the stack configuration has no specified version I attached both files just in case. Regards, Juan _______________________________________________ Haskell-Cafe mailing list To (un)subscribe, modify options or view archives go to: http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe Only members subscribed via the mailman list are allowed to post.