On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 04:35:24PM +0100, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
Stephanie and Dimitrios and I are now busy revising our wobbly-types GADT paper (which is implemented in GHC, but never published http://research.microsoft.com/%7Esimonpj/papers/gadt/index.htm). We have a *far* simpler story now... but that means it'll reject some programs that would be accepted by the earlier version. We don't think this loss of expressiveness is important, but we'd like to check. Hence this message:
If you use GADTs, would you to send us your GADT code, so we can check that we can still compile it?
My current uses of GADTs belong to the company I work for, so it would be easier for me if *I* could check from time to time. Is the code publicly available? What I really care about at this moment is this: I've came up with an interesting (IHMO) idea that doesn't work with current GADT implementation. If it worked, it would really help me improve my code. Here is a recent thread, in case you missed it: http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/haskell/2005-December/017140.html http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/haskell/2005-December/017142.html Best regards Tomasz -- I am searching for a programmer who is good at least in some of [Haskell, ML, C++, Linux, FreeBSD, math] for work in Warsaw, Poland