Hi Friedrich, | On my experiments I tried to run the Haskore example. But I get the | following error: | ERROR "/usr/local/share/hugs/lib/hugs/../Haskore/src/Monads.hs" (line | 55): No member "map" in class "Functor" | | Now I looked into the Prelude and there one can just find fmap | class Functor f where | fmap :: (a -> b) -> (f a -> f b) | | Now there is obvious no map. So I guess it must either be added or the | Monads.hs from Haskore have to be patched. Where did you get your copy of Haskore from? Perhaps you can persuade its hosts to post an updated version. I'm sure that there used to be a version on the Hugs web pages that I had personally updated to be compatible with Haskell 98, and hence with Hugs 98. But that file doesn't appear to be on the Hugs web pages any more. As I recall, the conversion wasn't particularly difficult, but it did involve more than just changes to fmap. (e.g. remove references to MonadPlus and rewriting to avoid use of punning.) All the best, Mark