i've definitely used the efficient SCC bits of Data.Graph in the past. graphs are just such a rich area that it seems doubtful that there'll ever be a one true library On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 2:21 PM David Feuer <david.feuer@gmail.com> wrote:
The big problem is that when it was broken off into containers, there was no attempt to add appropriate abstraction barriers. So it's ... awkward.
On Fri, Jun 21, 2019, 2:10 PM Johannes Waldmann < johannes.waldmann@htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
I've actually wondered why Data.Graph existed since it is obviously not written for serious/heavy usage.
But it was!
As I understand, it was originally part of GHC (ghc-0.29/ghc/compiler/utils/Digraph.lhs) for computing SCCs (in the graph of dependencies of declarations).
So we can assume that it does this well.
And I guess it's used for the very same purpose in Cabal and Agda.
- J. _______________________________________________ Libraries mailing list Libraries@haskell.org http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/libraries
_______________________________________________ Libraries mailing list Libraries@haskell.org http://mail.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/libraries