I think I found a good example here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xmonad Thank you kindly for your help. -- Imports. import XMonad import XMonad.Hooks.DynamicLog -- The main function. main = xmonad =<< statusBar myBar myPP toggleStrutsKey myConfig -- Command to launch the bar. myBar = "xmobar" -- Custom PP, configure it as you like. It determines what is being written to the bar. myPP = xmobarPP { ppCurrent = xmobarColor "#429942" "" . wrap "<" ">" } -- Key binding to toggle the gap for the bar. toggleStrutsKey XConfig {XMonad.modMask = modMask} = (modMask, xK_b) -- Main configuration, override the defaults to your liking. myConfig = defaultConfig { modMask = mod4Mask } On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Eyal Erez <oneself@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Thank you very much for your help.
Would you mind posting an example of how I might use statusBar? I'm kind of a Haskell newb.
On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>wrote:
On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Eyal Erez <oneself@gmail.com> wrote:
To this: main = xmonad =<< xmobar defaultConfig { -- no logHook defined -- Other definitions. }
This works fine, but now for some reason, Alt-B is bound to ToggleStruts. I would like this to be Ctrl-Shift-B, and I have a key binding which adds the second one, but I can't seem to get rid of the first.
How can I unbind Alt-B, and where is it coming from?
It's coming from the xmobar combinator applied to defaultConfig:
xmobar conf = statusBar "xmobar" xmobarPP toggleStrutsKey conf
(see http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Hooks-DynamicLog.html#v:... )
If you want to replace toggleStrutsKey then you will need to use your own invocation of statusBar.
-- | -- Helper function which provides ToggleStruts keybinding -- toggleStrutsKey :: XConfig t -> (KeyMask, KeySym) toggleStrutsKey XConfig{modMask = modm} = (modm, xK_b )
-- brandon s allbery kf8nh sine nomine associates allbery.b@gmail.com ballbery@sinenomine.net unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad http://sinenomine.net
-- *Eyal Erez <**oneself@gmail.com* <oneself@gmail.com>*>*
There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.
-- *Eyal Erez <**oneself@gmail.com* <oneself@gmail.com>*>* There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't.