Hello, On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 02:58:28 -0500 Spencer Janssen <sjanssen@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
Try startupHook? Something like this should work (assuming the default workspace names):
startupHook = windows (W.view "1" . W.view "8" . W.view "2")
I am probably doing something wrong, but I get no results at all. And I can't see anything in that code that resembles what I want to do (though my knowledge is very limited). I think that the keybindings sequence I posted on my other mail was clear enough, so I guess that I am doing wrong. I include that line on my config this way: myStartupHook = windows (W.view "1" . W.view "8" . W.view "2") [...] main = xmonad defaults defaults = defaultConfig { [...] , startupHook = myStartupHook } But I still get the same behavior. When xmonad starts up, workspace 1 goes to screen 1, and workspace 2 goes to monitor 2. I have no clue about what that line actually does. It's hard to come by a decent document that explains something useful about this little details. I have no idea where those W.view, W.shift, and similar things come from. I think I have to dive a bit more in the xmonad docs and try to absorb a bit more. Thanks for pointing me to startupHook. :) -- Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@terra.es>